Happy Holidays!

Best wishes to all of you for a joyous holiday season. Just for fun, here's a quote from the scene in DRUMS OF AUTUMN where Claire comes to find Jamie in the snow:

"What if I tell you a story, instead?"













Highlanders loved stories, and Jamie was no exception.











"Oh, aye," he said, sounding much happier. "What sort of story is it?"









"A Christmas story," I said, settling myself along the curve of his body. "About a miser named Ebenezer Scrooge."







"An Englishman, I daresay?"





"Yes," I said. "Be quiet and listen."



I could see my own breath as I talked, white in the dim, cold air. The snow was falling heavily outside our shelter; when I paused in the story, I could hear the whisper of flakes against the hemlock branches, and the far-off whine of wind in the trees.

(From Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 21 ("Night on a Snowy Mountain"). Copyright© 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.)

No comments

Powered by Blogger.