Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: OUTLANDER Places

Here's a selection of photos I found on www.webshots.com, showing some of the places described in the OUTLANDER books. Enjoy!

landscape and highlands of Scotland (30)
Levishie Forest, Glen Moriston, Scottish Highlands

Heather in bloom
Heather in bloom, Scotland

Gorse in Spring
Gorse in spring, Scotland

Sunset at Ocracoke, NC
Sunset on Ocracoke Island, NC

Blue Ridge Parkway near Boone, NC
Blue Ridge Mountains near Boone, NC

If you like these, please check out my other Wordless Wednesday posts:

Wordless Wednesday: Places in the Books

Wordless Wednesday: Standing Stones

Wordless Wednesday: Men in Kilts!

10 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

It's not fair! That is, I wish I lived in Scotland... :-)

Deniz Bevan said...

By the way, I love your notable dates this month feature - it goes to show how little anyone knows of what's in store for them...

Karen Henry said...

Hi Deniz:

I've never been to Scotland, so all I have to go by is pictures like this...and what I read in the books, of course. Sigh....

And I'm glad you're enjoying that feature of my blog. Jari Backman and I have been working together on those dates for the past few months.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen,
Love the pics of the Blue Ridge Mountains, makes me homesick for my beloved Virginia where we can see the same sights as NC. Comparing the Scottish Highlands and NC mountains one can see why the Scots/Irish immigrants settled there and in Virginia and thought it looked similar to their lands in Scotland and Ireland.
Thanks
Shamrock

Kristina said...

Dear Karen,

Ooohhh, thank you. They're beautiful!

Kristina

Anonymous said...

How close to Boone, NC is Fraser Ridge supposed to be? Just wonderin'.....

Karen Henry said...

Diana has said that Fraser's Ridge is in the general vicinity of Boone. (I don't think she's very precise about the exact location.) Which is why I picked that particular photo. <g>

Karen

jinx1764 said...

Beautiful landscapes!

vannando said...

beautiful places

Maria said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures!