Happy New Year!



Happy New Year to all of you! I hope you have a wonderful 2010!

December Poll Results

Here are the results from the December poll:

What is your favorite food mentioned in the books?
  • 22.3% - Strawberries (DRUMS)
  • 13.9% - Turtle soup (VOYAGER)
  • 13.9% - BBQ (FIERY CROSS)
  • 11.5% - Traditional Scottish foods like parritch, bannocks, etc. (OUTLANDER)
  • 11.5% - Omelet with minced buffalo meat, sweet onions, and mushrooms (FIERY CROSS)
  • 9.2% - Pizza (ABOSAA, ECHO)
  • 6.2% - Oyster stew (VOYAGER, ECHO)
  • 3.8% - Maple pudding (ABOSAA)
  • 3.1% - Black pudding (FIERY CROSS)
  • 2.3% - Sausage (DRAGONFLY)
  • 1.5% - Wild game (turkey, venison, etc.) (DRUMS)
  • 0.8% - Other
I honestly thought that both the turtle soup and Jamie's sausage would rate a little higher. <g> But I have to agree, it's impossible for me to look at a strawberry now without thinking of that scene in DRUMS.

I didn't vote in the poll myself, but my choice would have been the turtle soup -- not that I've ever had any myself, but it's one of my all-time favorite scenes in the whole series. <g>

There were 130 votes total in this poll. Thanks to everyone who responded! January Poll

The January poll is about Lord John Grey. He's a character who tends to generate a lot of strong opinions, to put it mildly, and given the very important role he plays in AN ECHO IN THE BONE, I'm curious to see what the rest of you think.

Goodreads Choice Awards 2009

The "Goodreads Choice Awards" announced the winners today. ECHO won in the "Favorite Romance of 2009" category, with 470 of 1974 votes cast (23.8% of the total). Congratulations Diana! (As I noted on Compuserve, even though many of us would strongly disagree with that genre classification, a win is a win. <g>)

This is for the category-based voting, not for the Best Book of 2009, which seems still to be open for voting. So if you haven't yet voted, click here.

1 comment

Powered by Blogger.