- 35.8% - "It wasn't a very likely place for disappearances, at least at first glance." (OUTLANDER)
- 26.7% - "He was dead." (VOYAGER)
- 22.1% - "I woke to the patter of rain on canvas, with the feel of my first husband's kiss on my lips." (THE FIERY CROSS)
- 7.0% - "I heard the drums long before they came in sight." (DRUMS OF AUTUMN)
- 3.2% - "Roger Wakefield stood in the center of the room, feeling surrounded." (DRAGONFLY IN AMBER)
- 2.5% - "The dog sensed them first." (A BREATH OF SNOW AND ASHES)
- 2.1% - "The pirate's head had disappeared." (AN ECHO IN THE BONE)
- 0.7% - Other
I didn't vote in the poll myself, but my favorite opening line is the one from VOYAGER. "He was dead." Intriguing, paradoxical (if he's dead, how can he be telling the story?), and at the same time, a heartbreaking reminder of the end of DRAGONFLY.
The February poll is all about your reactions to "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows". Please take a moment to vote and let me know what you thought of the story. And if you haven't read it yet, I would really encourage you to do so.