"Plague of Zombies" coming in October!



Diana Gabaldon's upcoming Lord John story, a novella titled "Lord John and the Plague of Zombies", finally has an official publication date!

According to George R.R. Martin's blog, the DOWN THESE STRANGE STREETS anthology containing "Plague of Zombies" will be published in October, 2011.  (No, I don't know the exact date.  I'll post here when I find out.)

Here is the table of contents, courtesy of George R.R. Martin's blog:

- "The Bastard Stepchild" (introduction), by George R.R. Martin
- "Death by Dahlia," by Charlaine Harris
- "The Bleeding Shadow," by Joe R. Lansdale
- "Hungry Heart," by Simon R. Green
- "Styx and Stones," by Steven Saylor
- "Pain and Suffering," by S.M. Stirling
- "It's Still the Same Old Story," by Carrie Vaughn
- "The Lady Is a Screamer," by Conn Iggulden
- "Hellbender,"by Laurie R. King
- "Shadow Thieves," by Glen Cook
- "No Mystery, No Miracle," by Melinda Snodgrass
- "The Difference Between a Puzzle and a Mystery," by M.L.N. Hanover
- "The Curious Affair of the Deodand," by Lisa Tuttle
- "Lord John and the Plague of Zombies," by Diana Gabaldon
- "Beware the Snake," by John Maddox Roberts
- "In Red, With Pearls," by Patricia Briggs
- "The Adakian Eagle," by Bradley Denton

For more information about "Zombies", look here.  There are excerpts on Compuserve here, if you're interested.

As soon as I see that DOWN THESE STRANGE STREETS is available for pre-order on Amazon, I'll post the link here.

It looks like this is going to be a busy fall, with "Zombies" and hopefully also LORD JOHN AND THE SCOTTISH PRISONER to look forward to!

Please spread the word to anyone else who may be interested.  Thanks!

4 comments

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'm also a Charlaine Harris fan so there are two stories I'll be reading in this one. However, I don't like anthologies. I've still not read Diana's first two anthologies because I don't want to spend the money for only one or two short stories and neither of hers have shown up in my library yet. Humph!

Sarah said...

I love DG, but I'm really sick of her novellas coming out in big anthologies. I have no interest in the other stories in the those books, I only want HER work! I'd be so much more willing to shell out $10 for a short novella only by her than spend $30 or have to look at a library to find a giant anthology that includes a bunch of other authors I don't care about.

Plus, it's getting to be a pain to try to keep track of which novellas by her come out when and in which giant book. Ugh, just sick of it. Hopefully she'll release all the novels as single editions or even put out a book of several of her novellas bound together. THAT would be better.

Nicole Inskip said...

I can-not believe this. It's so random! I love it! My two favorite authors.

Karen Henry said...

Sarah:

Diana has in fact expressed interest in the idea of collecting the shorter pieces in one book, eventually (a la HAND OF DEVILS), but that's up to the publisher. I definitely agree with you that it's a lot to ask of even Diana's loyal fans, to buy a whole book for just one story.

FWIW, Diana has also said that she's not going to write any more short pieces this year, preferring to concentrate on writing SCOTTISH PRISONER and BOOK 8.

Karen

Powered by Blogger.