Update on the TV series

I didn't have a chance to blog about the OUTLANDER TV series last week, because I was on vacation. Here are a few of the highlights from last week's news:

1) STARZ released an official video of the Diana Gabaldon/Ron Moore fan event at NY Comic Con that took place on October 12. (I was invited to this event, but couldn't manage a trip to NYC on such short notice.)

Those of you outside the US may not be able to view it, but if you can, I would really encourage you to watch the whole thing. It's terrific!

Near the end of the video, they show a collection of "concept art" from the TV series.



2) Laura Donnelly has been cast to play Jamie's sister, Jenny Fraser Murray. She worked with Sam Heughan earlier this year, in a movie called HEART OF LIGHTNESS. Look here for the official press release.

3) Diana Gabaldon was asked on Compuserve about the series premiere date. Here's her reply, from October 15, 2013:
Well, this weekend I heard--from assorted Starz people--"summer," "July," and "August." So take your pick, I guess....but evidently not spring, no. (Not surprised; they only began filming last week, after all.)
I know that's going to be a disappointment to many people, but I was frankly relieved to hear this. It's going to be enough of a challenge for me to deal with the post-book-release discussions on Compuserve in the spring <understatement!> without the TV series coming out at the same time.

Please keep in mind that no premiere date has officially been announced yet! As soon as I hear anything official, I'll post it here.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.