OUTLANDER Casting: Old Alec and Letitia!

Here's the latest casting news:

liam carney as auld alec

Liam Carney will play Alec MacMahon MacKenzie, Leoch's Master of Horse.
A squat figure in leather breeks and rough shirt, the Master of Horse had an air of authority sufficient, I thought, to quell the most recalcitrant stallion. An “eye like Mars, to threaten or command,” the quotation sprang at once to mind. A single eye it was, the other being covered with a black cloth patch. As if to make up for the loss, his eyebrows sprouted profusely from a central point, sporting long grey hairs like insects’ antennae that waved threateningly from the basic brown tufts.

(From OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 7, "Davie Beaton's Closet". Copyright© 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.)

I wonder if he'll wear an eye patch on the TV series?



Aislin McGuckin will play Colum's wife, Letitia.
"What on earth makes ye mention Letitia?” Jamie asked curiously. “I lived at the Castle for a year, and had speech of her maybe once that I remember, when she called me to her chamber and gave me the raw side of her tongue for leading a game of shinty through her rose garden.”

I told him what Geilie had said [about Jamie fathering Hamish], and he laughed, breath misting in the cool, rainy air.

“God,” he said, “as though I’d have the nerve!"

(From OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 24, "By the Pricking of My Thumbs". Copyright© 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.)

Welcome to Liam and Aislin!

For more information about the OUTLANDER TV series, including a list of the cast members we know about so far, see my FAQ page here.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.